Register Your .CA Domains Now!
With nearly three-quarters of Canadians active on the Internet, there's never been a better time to register a .CA domain name. .CA is the country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) for individuals, businesses, and groups located in Canada. Use yours to create an email address or Web site with a Canadian flair, and raise that Canadian flag!
Why Should You Register .CA Domains?
.CA is one of a special category of Top-Level Domains called country code Top-Level Domains (ccTLDs). There are more than one million .CA domain names currently registered.
- Business. Speak directly to the 450,000 Canadians who order goods and services online with a domain name they recognize and trust, and protect your Canadian brand from competitors.
- Individuals. Create a patriotic email address or launch a blog site that has Canada written all over it.
- Not for profit. Reach out with a Web site address that identifies your organization with Canadian values.
- Available to Canadian citizens and businesses, organizations and community groups located in Canada.
Customers of .CA Registrars that have been decertified may transfer their .CA domains names to DomainPeople. To do so, registrants must contact CIRA's Registration Support Unit and ask the registry to supply the domain name "authorization code". This code, along with the domain name must then be entered into the domain transfer form. The domain name will then be transferred to DomainPeople allowing you to fully manage the domain through DomainPeople's SiteControl.
CIRA's Registration Support Unit
- Phone: 1-877-860-1411
Recently Decertified Registrars
- Webserve Communications Inc. - Feb 2012
- CRC Systems Inc. - March 2012
Check out our .CA Domain Registration - Frequently Asked Questions.