Who is eligible to register a .INFO domain?
.INFO is the only new unrestricted top-level domain, meaning anyone may register a .INFO domain name.
- The domain name must conform to standard rules for domain names.
- Only characters in the range A to Z, 0 to 9 and hyphen are allowed
- Names can not begin or end with a hyphen
- The maximum length is 63 characters (exclusive of the .INFO portion)
How long can I register my .INFO domain for?
A .INFO domain can be registered for a minimum of two years and up to a maximum of 10 years.
What is the dispute resolution process for domains registered during the Sunrise period?
If another party registers a domain name matching your trademark or service mark during the Sunrise period, you can assert a challenge against the registrant during the Sunrise Challenge period. This will begin at the conclusion of the Sunrise period and continue for 120 days. Dispute resolution services during this period will be provided exclusively by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Domains registered after this period will use ICANN's Uniform Dispute Resolution Process (UDRP) or the regular court system.
What conditions are required to assert a challenge against a Sunrise domain?
A third party may challenge a domain registered during the Sunrise period on the following basis:
- The registrant does not own a current intellectual property registration.
- The valid and enforceable intellectual property registration was not of national effect.
- The second level portion of the domain name is not identical to the intellectual property registration.
- The intellectual property registration was not issued prior to October 2, 2000.
How will Sunrise domain challenges be evaluated?
The precise rules and regulations of the Sunrise Challenge process are being developed by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Please check back to these web pages frequently for the most up-to-date information.