.CO general questions.
What is .CO?
.CO is a global and uniquely recognizable domain available to the general public. Globally understood to mean "company," "corporation" and "commerce" .CO is simple and memorable, offering a good alternative to current global domains. With over 93 million .COM domain names currently registered it is getting harder and harder to get the domain that you want. .CO can help you get that global domain you want and help you build your global brand.
Why should I register .CO domains?
.CO is a unique opportunity for businesses and individuals as there is a need for more options in branding yourself online with short and memorable domain names that are not readily available in other domain extensions.
Due to the similarity to .COM, .CO is a good opportunity to protect your existing domain investments from potential cybersquatters. Register a high quality .CO domain for a fraction of the asking prices demanded for quality aftermarket .COM domains.
What are the key .CO registry policies?
.CO offers liberal registration policies following international best practices:
- Anyone in the world is able to register .CO domains.
- No domicile or burdensome documentation.
- Minimum registration of one year and a maximum of five years.
What characters are allowed in my .CO domain name?
.CO domain names must meet the following technical requirements:
- First and last character must be a letter or number
- Letters A-Z (not case sensitive)
- Numbers 0-9
- Cannot include two consecutive dashes (--) in the 3rd and 4th positions
- Underlined characters not allowed
- Dashes (-) are allowed
- Spaces are not allowed
- Cannot exceed 63 characters
How many years can I register my .CO domain name for?
.CO domains can have term of one to five years.